Monday, April 16, 2007

What a weekend!!!


I finally met my cousin Riley in-per...er, um..in-dog on Sunday! He is really laid back. I spent the whole day on my leash, though - he had a bone in his crate that was unbelievably irresistable! No gate was going to keep me away from it. So, Dad had enough of this and kept me near him. It wasn't so bad - I did get lots of treats! When we got home, Mom fed me my favorite meal and somehow my food ended up in Joey's shoes. I hope no one noticed.

I also met a German Shepherd named Beth. She has a friend named Mac (Mac-Beth, get it?). Anyway, Beth got off her leash and came running toward me. It startled me, but she seemed fun. I was fine and was going back over to play with her, but Mom picked me up from behind and I was so startled by that I yelped! I got to meet Beth and Mac later on - they are so well behaved I think Dad wants me to be that way, too (hah!)

Dad has been training me in something called "Loose Leash Walking" which seems to mean I get to eat as I walk next to him. Mom and Dad kept me running between them for treats tonight - they were very happy that I listened so well. I took a walk with Dad afterward - this was the 4th one today, so I am pretty tuckered out. My walk with Mom and Joey was the most productive - I found something called a "Bait Fish" which I guess is safer to have in my mouth than the cigarette butts I found while walking with Dad this morning. Anyhoo, it is time to head o

No comments: