Saturday, May 10, 2008

I am a Mud Hound!

I finally know what kind of dog I am - I am a Mud Hound! I must be because I have learned this by simply paying attention:
  • When I stayed up late one night and chewed on Dad's belt, he said "When I catch you, your name is gonna be Mud!" I think he was kidding, because he still calls me Copper.
  • Someone keeps putting glorious mudholes at the Dog Park, and Mom and Dad and Joey keep taking me there.
  • The big dogs want me to chase them through the mud - that must mean proof positive that I am a Mud Hound!

As you may have figured out, I have my shots, I have my license, and I have my ticket to the dog park! Someday, maybe this year, the weather will be warm enough to go more often than we have been able to go this spring. *Sigh* (Oops - I mean bah...rooooo.)

Anyhow, the couple of times I have been there have been an absolute joy! I got to run off my cabin fever the first time, and the next couple of times were run and play, run and play. I had seven dogs chasing after me at one time. That actually got a little scary at the end, so I ran over by Mom.

Here I am with a couple of new friends I made on this visit. We had so much fun running around that fence. The first time I went through the water I found the lowest spot. I was in over my head! I am more careful after that and stay closer to the edges.

Mom and Dad seem happier now that they are used to being at the dog park. I think they finally found something to keep themselves busy - they hardly interrrupt me. I keep my eyes on them, though, and if they wander off I run by to check on them and make sure they are ok.


After running through those wonderful mud puddles, I think the best way to dry off is to play a good game of "stick." Then, tired and happy, it is time to go home. Dad puts a blanket on the back seat, and we all get in the car and go home.


One time, though, Dad said "Pee-yew!" Mom said "Pee-yew!" Joey said "That's Copper!" I was so proud of myself - I brought home some of the dog park with me! Mom made me give it back (and now you can see why I am a Mud Hound!


I will be sure to refresh my Mud Hound status when I go back to the park. There is no way those mud holes can ever dry up this year!


After a long, hard day at the dog park or at Doggy Daycare, there is nothing better than putting your head on someones laptop and getting in a little snooze and some petting! This is the life!


Until next time, Ba-rooo!!!!

Copper

No comments: